This village is also known as Skordilo. Ιt is thought that the name comes from the famous Skordylis family which was founded by Marinos Skordylis, one of the twelve nobles who in 1182 AD accompanied Isaacius Angelos, son of Alexius II of Comnenus. It is possible that one of this family, maybe even Marinos Skordylis himself, who was a nephew of the Emperor and the father of nine sons, settled here with his family.
Skordilon is missing from Castrofylaca's (Venetian) list of villages for the Venetian census of 1583; the most likely explanation for this is that it must have been razed during the 1471 Turkish attack or by Barbarossa's raids in 1537-1539 and then rebuilt later on. The village has a very fine Turkish fountain, which has been declared a national monument, and is situated on the road to Stavrohori between Paraspori and Kria. It is 18 km from Sitia (South-west) on the road to Chrisopigi-Stavrochori and is part of the Kria community.
Nearby are also the hamlets of Riza and Ayios Mamas which is almost deserted
From the book "Sitia", N.Papadakis, Archaeologist, 1983
View to the village from the road
Glances to the pine trees
The old school completely abandoned
This room was used as a kafeneion (cretan cafe)
The last houses at the northern side of the village
The old traditional olive press completely abandoned
Wonderful narrow streets in which you enjoy to walk though there is such a desolation